THE RUNDOWN: 30.03.2020 - 05.04.2020



Monday

Monday is my rest day, so all we did was go our daily state-approved walk around our local park. We did have a good time competing at spotting the rainbows in people's windows though.

Tuesday

In the early evening we ran a 3.5 mile loop near our home, through the grounds of the hospital. We played the rainbow game again until I was loosing 9-0 and then decided to leave it for the sake of matrimonial harmony!

Wednesday

After our walk and another few games of rainbow (2 games to 3 in his favour at the moment), I did a bodyweight strength workout comprising of this video and 3x (20 squats, 20 sumo squats, 10 side lunges, 15 weighted thrusters).

Thursday

On Thursday we tried to run a new 3 mile route around our neighbourhood and accidentally ran 4.5 miles. We didn't play the rainbow game today and I'm not sure I would have had the energy for it anyways - feeling physically very tired and emotionally quite flat.

Friday

Friday just wasn't a great day for being active. I had an exam which tired me out and then we managed only a shortish walk prior to a video-call double date with some close friends. Not every day can be a winner I guess!

Saturday

In the morning when I woke up I took myself through some weighted tough arm and leg circuits - Bulgarian Split Squats are no joke everyone. I always find clock lunges such a tough finisher too. We ended up on a long walk in the afternoon, trying to find some new places to go. This walk broke my heart a bit because so many good dogs wanted to speak to us and we had to decline!

Sunday

We did our 'long'(er) run today. 4.8 miles. This run felt super tough, sticky warm and exhausting. I'm not sure if it was the week of activity, the random 10 degree jump in temperature, the whole global pandemic thing, ongoing anxiety, adjusting to a new way of working... All of the above... I just felt tired throughout.

The Rundown
  • 12.8 miles run
  • 2 glute and leg burners
  • 1 arm workout

Thoughts from the Week

  • It's amazing to see so many people enjoying moving outdoors. It isn't clear if these folks were all previously in the gym, all previously didn't have the time to exercise outdoors because of their commute or job, or didn't previously want to be outside. I wonder if people will continue this post-pandemic?
  • I'm actually really enjoying running with my husband, which wasn't the case previously. I've (mostly) managed to stop being so self-critical when we run together, which was stopping me enjoying it before.
  • I wonder if this fatigued state will continue. It makes sense, just adapting is a whole lot right now. Trying to remind myself of this when I am frustratedly thinking "Why am I being so unproductive?!". I am processing and adapting, and that takes a lot out of us.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strava